Are you on the hunt for the best web design quotes for 2022? Well, you’re just in luck! Below, I’ve rounded up the top 39 website design quotes from some of the most influential people ever.
These web design quotes are from Arianna Huffington, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, and heaps more.
In the simplest terms, website design refers to the development of websites and the user experience aspect of website development.
Suppose a website looks great but doesn’t perform smoothly or intuitively. In that case, it can easily result in a loss of sales due to a poor user experience.
While website design does seem straightforward, it’s a lot more complex than most think. So, I felt that a roundup of inspiring web design quotes would help you stay on track.
Anyways, let’s jump straight into the list of 39 website design quotes without further ado.
Web Design Quotes
- “Intuitive design is how we give the user new superpowers.” – Jared Spool
- “Design everything on the assumption that people are not heartless or stupid but marvelously capable, given the chance.” – John Chris Jones
- “To become successful online, you only need to remember the following : Good Heart + Passion + Web Design + SEO + Digital Marketing + Dedication + Positiveness + Patience = Success” – Dr. Christopher Dayagdag
- “Design is not just what it looks like and feels like. Design is how it works.” – Steve Jobs
- “If you think math is hard, try web design.” – Trish Parr
- “Styles come and go. Good design is a language, not a style.” – Massimo Vignelli
- “A user interface is like a joke. If you have to explain it, it’s not that good.” – Martin LeBlanc
- “Digital design is like painting, except the paint never dries.” – Neville Brody
- “You don’t think your way to creative work. You work your way to creative thinking.” – George Nelson
- “Learning to code is useful no matter what your career ambitions are.” – Arianna Huffington
- “The problem is there are no simple ‘right’ answers for most Web design questions (at least not for the important ones). What works is good, integrated design that fills a need – carefully thought out, well-executed, and tested.” – Steve Krug
- “Good design is like a refrigerator—when it works, no one notices, but when it doesn’t, it sure stinks.” – Irene Au
- “Your website is the center of your digital eco-system, like a brick and mortar location, the experience matters once a customer enters, just as much as the perception they have of you before they walk through the door.” – Leland Dieno
- “Design is an opportunity to continue telling the story, not just to sum everything up.” – Tate Linden
- “Responsive Web Design always plays an important role whenever going to promote your website.” – Josh Wilson
- “Design can be art. Design can be aesthetics. Design is so simple, that’s why it is so complicated.” – Paul Rand
- “If you think good design is expensive, you should look at the cost of bad design.” – Ralf Speth
- “Learning HTML and CSS is a lot more challenging than it used to be. Responsive web design adds more layers of complexity to design and develop websites.” – Jacob Lett
- “Good design is making something intelligible and memorable. Great design is making something memorable and meaningful.” – Dieter Rams
- “To create a memorable design you need to start with a thought that’s worth remembering.” – Thomas Manss
- “To design is much more than simply to assemble, to order, or even to edit: it is to add value and meaning, to illuminate, to simplify, to clarify, to modify, to dignify, to dramatize, to persuade, and perhaps even to amuse. To design is to transform prose into poetry.” – Paul Rand
- “Design isn’t crafting a beautiful textured button with breathtaking animation. It’s figuring out if there’s a way to get rid of the button altogether.” – Edward Tufte
- “Great web design without functionality is like a sports car with no engine.” – Paul Cookson
- “If there’s one thing you learn by working on a lot of different Web sites, it’s that almost any design idea–no matter how appallingly bad–can be made usable in the right circumstances, with enough effort.” – Steve Krug
- “Design adds value faster than it adds costs.” – Joel Spolsky
- “Whether we’re fighting climate change or going to space, everything is moved forward by computers, and we don’t have enough people who can code. Teaching young people to code early on can help build skills and confidence and energize the classroom with learning-by-doing opportunities.” – Richard Branson
- “Any code of your own that you haven’t looked at for six or more months might as well have been written by someone else.” – Eagleson’s Law
- “A successful website does three things: It attracts the right kinds of visitors. Guides them to the main services or products you offer. Collect Contact details for future ongoing relation.” – Mohamed Saad
- “There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.” – Milton Glaser
- “Design is creativity with strategy.” ― Rob Curedale
- “Everything is designed. Few things are designed well.” – Brian Reed
- “What separates design from art is that design is meant to be… functional.” – Cameron Moll
- “Learning to write programs stretches your mind, and helps you think better, creates a way of thinking about things that I think is helpful in all domains.” – Bill Gates
- “Writing the first 90 percent of a computer program takes 90 percent of the time. The remaining ten percent also takes 90 percent of the time and the final touches also take 90 percent of the time.” – N.J. Rubenking
- “Websites should look good from the inside and out.” – Paul Cookson
- “A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
- “I strive for two things in design: simplicity and clarity. Great design is born of those two things.” – Lindo Leader
- “Design doesn’t mean that every person [is] gonna like, love it, but that’s the creativity of [an] eye which creates something different.” – Bijay Chhetri
- “Every designers’ dirty little secret is that they copy other designers’ work. They see work they like, and they imitate it. Rather cheekily, they call this inspiration.” – Aaron Russell
As you can see, there are heaps of web design quotes to inspire you in 2022.
Hopefully, you’ve been able to learn something valuable from this roundup of 39 web design quotes. I read quotes weekly for motivation, and they’ve been really inspiring for my growth in this online world and as a blogger.
Like always, be sure to bookmark or share this article with friends, so you can always come back to it when needed. 😊
Which web design quotes were your favorite?