Looking for some Warren Buffett money quotes to inspire yourself? Well, look no further.
Warren Buffett is one of the most successful investors and business owners ever and has built his net worth to an eye-watering $102.9 billion in 2021.
Buffett is self-made and runs Berkshire Hathaway, a holding company that owns 60+ companies, including Dairy Queen, Kraft Heinz, Duracell, and more.
It’s not like he’s hoarding his money, though, because Buffett has also pledged to give away 99% of his wealth and has already donated $40 billion to charities and foundations.
Through decades of TV appearances, letters, interviews, and more, Buffett has built quite the collection of valuable quotes.
Let’s take a look at 35 of the best Warren Buffett money quotes in 2021.
Warren Buffett Money Quotes
- “If you don’t find a way to make money while you sleep, you will work until you die.”
- “Don’t pass up something that’s attractive today because you think you will find something better tomorrow.”
- “Money is not everything. Make sure you earn a lot before speaking such nonsense.”
- “If you cannot control your emotions, you cannot control your money.”
- “Never depend on a single source of income.”
- “If you’re smart, you’re going to make a lot of money without borrowing.”
- “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.”
Like free stuff?
- “A home is one of the most important assets that most people will ever buy. Homes are also where memories are made and you want to work with someone you can trust.”
- “It’s a lot easier to buy things than it is to sell them.”
- “I will tell you how to become rich. Close the doors. Be fearful when others are greedy. Be greedy when others are fearful.”
- “Price is what you pay. Value is what you get.”
- “If you buy things you do not need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
- “Just buy something for less than it’s worth.”
- “I always knew I was going to be rich. I don’t think I ever doubted it for a minute.”
- “The first rule is not to lose. The second rule is not to forget the first rule.”
- “Today people who hold cash equivalents feel comfortable. They shouldn’t. They have opted for a terrible long-term asset, one that pays virtually nothing and is certain to depreciate in value.”
- “Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.”
- “You can’t borrow money at 18 or 20 percent and come out ahead.”
- “Never depend on a single income. Make an investment to create a second source.”
- “It’s not easy to get rich quick.”
Warren Buffet Quotes on Investing
- “I never attempt to make money on the stock market. I buy on the assumption that they could close the market the next day and not reopen it for five years.”
- “The wise man once said invest young”
- “If you invested in a very low-cost index fund – where you don’t put the money in at one time, but average in over 10 years -you’ll do better than 90% of people who start investing at the same time.”
- “You should invest like a Catholic marries: for life.”
- “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.”
- “I made my first investment at age eleven. I was wasting my life up until then.”
- “The Stock Market is designed to transfer money from the active to the patient.”
- “You don’t have to be a genius to invest well.”
- “Most people get interested in stocks when everyone else is. The time to get interested is when no one else is. You can’t buy what is popular and do well.”
- “If book knowledge made great investors, then the librarians would all be rich.”
- “To invest successfully over a lifetime does not require a stratospheric IQ, unusual business insights, or inside information. What’s needed is a sound intellectual framework for making decisions and the ability to keep emotions from corroding that framework. You must supply the emotional discipline.”
- “In investing, just as in baseball, to put runs on the scoreboard, one must watch the playing field, not the scoreboard.”
- “You can’t buy what is popular and do well.”
- “I think the worst mistake you can make in stocks is to buy or sell based on current headlines.”
- “Sound investing can make you very wealthy if you’re not in too big a hurry”
So there we have 35 of the most influential money quotes from Warren Buffett, the 6th richest man in the world.
Bookmark this page for future use or simply pin down below 🙂
Which of these Warren Buffett quotes on money were your favorite?
📌 Pin for later 📌