Coming up with fresh and creative content ideas can be challenging. If you run a tech or I.T. blog, don’t worry, this article lists 45 technology blog post ideas you can use in 2022.
These 45 ideas cover article types like how-tos, product reviews, trends, and heaps more.
I still highly recommend that you perform your own keyword research and adjust the titles to however necessary. Remember, these are just ideas, and you need to hone in on them and make them relevant to your blog.
This article will also teach you how to perform basic keyword research for free. 😊
Without further ado, let’s jump straight into the 45 technology blog post ideas for 2022.
Disclaimer: The article contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission on purchases at no added cost to you. You can read my full disclosure here.
Tech Blog Post Ideas List
- The Best Time to Buy Smartphones/Tablets/Laptops
- 15 Best Apps for [Category of People]
- Top 5 VPN’s of 2022
- My Predictions for The Newest iPhone
- 20 Must-Have Gadgets for Tech Nerds
- How to Save Videos on Reddit
- 21 Common Windows 10 Errors + How to Fix Them
- How to Build a Budget Custom PC
- [Product/Service] In-Depth Review
- 101 Samsung Galaxy S21 Tips & Tricks
- 9 Clever Settings on iPhones You Should Turn On
- How to Organize Your Files With [Application]
- What to Do If You Spill Water on Your Phone
- How to Free Up Storage on Your Smartphone
- 3 Ways to Install Applications on Windows 10
- Pros & Cons of Apple’s Ecosystem
- 10 Best Google Chrome Extensions of 2022
- How to Change Alarms Sounds on iPhone
- How to Get Dark Mode on Smartphones
- 6 Biggest Charging Mistakes & How to Fix Them
- 5 Things to Know About The iPhone 13
- How to Upload to Facebook/Instagram/TikTok
- 3 Myths of Charging Devices Overnight
- How to Use Your Smartwatch to its Full Potential
- 5 Best Settings of [Application]
- The Entire History of Samsung Smartphones
- 15 Most Common iPhone Errors + How to Fix Them
- How to Use [Smartphone Feature]
- My Honest Opinion on [Device/Movie]
- How to Replace Batteries on [Laptop Model]
- 8 Best Password Managers of 2022
- How to Install Beta iOS Updates on iPhones
- 20 Pros & Cons of TikTok
- My Top 10 Predictions for The Future of Technology
- 9 Best Keyboards for Writer’s
- Top 25 Productivity Apps
- 5 Best Budget CPU’s/Motherboards/Graphic Cards
- 6 Myths About Apple Debunked
- How to Save Photos on Facebook/Instagram
- [Current Tech Trend] + My Thoughts
- How to Set Up Your Brand New Apple Watch
- 7 Best [App/Service] Alternatives
- 9 Pros & Cons of [Service/Device]
- How to Download YouTube Videos for Free
- 15 Common Myths About Cryptocurrency
How to start a technology blog
I hope that the list of 45 technology blog post ideas has helped you develop more content ideas or overcome writer’s block.
Now, if you haven’t created a blog yet, I have a special offer for you. But, if you already have, skip to the keyword research section here.
I’ve chosen Hostinger as a web host because it’s an excellent option for beginners, and you can save up to 80% off through my link.
You also receive a free domain name for one year, free SSL, and a CDN through their plans.
How to start a technology blog with Hostinger:
- Head over to Hostinger.com and click on Start Now.
- Stay on ‘Web Hosting’ and choose whichever plan is suitable for you. I recommend the ‘Premium Shared Hosting’ plan for beginners.
- Select a period between 1 – 48 months. I recommend 24 – 48, but 12 months is a great option too.
- Enter your details and create your account.
- Choose the domain name you want.
- Navigate to ‘Website’ and the ‘Auto Installer,’ and under WordPress, click Select.
- Fill in the popup details and click Install.
For the low price of $2.59 a month, you get access to a free domain name, free SSL, CDN, 100GB SSD storage, a free business email, and a 99.99% uptime guarantee.
It’s quite literally the cheapest web hosting jampacked with all the features needed for beginners.
After the period has ended, I recommend transferring to a faster hosting like Cloudways (although it is $10 a month).
How to perform basic keyword research
Now that we’ve finished the roundup of 45 technology post ideas and how to start a blog, we’ll now move on to how to perform basic keyword research.
Keyword research is the process of finding how much search traffic keywords receive every month and whether or not they’re too challenging to rank for.
It also helps you find other keywords to use and whether you stand a chance against the competition or not.
While Ubersuggest isn’t the most accurate tool, it guides you in the right direction if you’re just starting out. I’m not recommending a tool like Semrush for beginners because it just isn’t worth it, paying $119 a month in the beginning.
Step 1: Find low competition technology keywords
Head over to Ubersuggest and search up a broad technology term; for this example, I’ve chosen ‘smartwatch.’
Next, I’ll change the SEO difficulty to under 35, ensuring the search volume is at least 50.
After choosing all of those settings, I’ve received 34 low competition keywords for the phrase’ smartwatch.’
As you can see on the right-hand side, the SEO difficulty score is shown. 0 – 35 is considered easy, 36 – 69 is medium, and 70 – 100 is considered hard. It would be best if you always aimed for a lower score.
Step 2: Figure out who’s ranking in the top 10 search results
Next, you’ll have to figure out who’s ranking in the top 10 results. I’ve found that Ubersuggest sometimes messes up the SEO difficulty score, so you’ll have to double-check for yourself.
All you do is click on the ‘Search Results’ box, showing you which web pages are ranking.
Now for this keyword ‘itouch air smartwatch reviews,’ it gets 210 searches a month and low SEO difficulty. It also has super easy competition, as the average domain authority score is nine without many backlinks.
This is precisely what you want. Domain Authority predicts how likely a website is going to rank in search engines. So, a higher domain authority of 70+ will rank a lot easier than a domain authority of 1.
So, if I wrote an in-depth article about the iTouch air smartwatch review, I could have the possibility to rank high.
Step 3: Rinse and repeat steps 1 & 2
Now you just have to repeat steps one to two. Keep scrolling through keywords until you find those with a low SEO difficulty score and low ranking of domain authorities.
Remember to also focus on SEO, have a good user experience, and create an informative article.
So that wraps up the 45 technology blog post ideas for 2022, how to start a tech blog, and how to perform basic keyword research.
I hope this roundup has given you a few ideas on what to write about and has helped you overcome your writer’s block.
Coming up with content ideas can be challenging, and it’s always good to get some inspiration if you’re ever stuck.
Remember to perform keyword research yourself and adjust these blog post titles however needed. If you don’t research keywords, you may be writing on topics no one is searching for, so remember to do that.
Anyways, I wish you the best of luck with your content writing, and if you have any questions, leave them below. 😃
Which of these technology blog post ideas are you planning to write about?