Looking for some much-needed inspiration? Well, I’ve rounded up 45 of the best motivational quotes about the hustle to light that inner workhorse inside of you.
It’s so easy to lose sight of your dreams and hustles, with most people expected to go to college and pursue a 9-5 job.
I decided at 15 that the 9-5 wasn’t going to be my life, and I have built this blog as a way to escape the rat race. You can learn to create a blog yourself for as little as $20 🙂
Whether you hate quotes or not, they’re a perfect source for much-needed inspiration and an easy way to get motivated.
Bookmark this page or save the above pin.
Let’s get onto the 45 hustle quotes that will remind you that it’s worth it, regardless of whether it’s a dream, aspiration, career, or personal goal.
45 Hustle Quotes to Get Motivated
1. “Some succeed because they are destined to, but most succeed because they are determined to.” – Henry Van Dyke
Henry Jackson van Dyke was an American author, diplomat, educator, and clergyman.
2. “You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.” – Zig Ziglar
Zig Ziglar is 100% correct with this hustle quote.
The world doesn’t owe you anything, so put your head down and work super hard to achieve your million-dollar dream.
Zig Ziglar was a multi-million dollar writer, author, and motivational speaker, best known for his book ‘See you at the top.’
3. “Good things happen to those who hustle.” – Anais Nin
Instead of waiting for good things to happen, get up and start working for them now.
Anais Nin was a famous author from the early 1900s.
4. “The key to success is to start before you are ready.” – Marie Forleo
Instead of waiting to be fully qualified in a specific area, start hustling now. Along the way, you’ll grow and become thankful for taking the leap early.
Most people never start a blog because they think they’re not ready. I’m here to tell you to take the plunge and start one when you get the idea. It’s an insanely great way to make money online and be your own boss.
Recommended Read: How to Start a Profitable Blog in 2021 (For Beginners)
5. “Hustle in silence and let your success make the noise.” – Unknown
Don’t let people know of your goals and aspirations; simply hustle in silence. They won’t expect a thing.
If you become successful, more often than not, people will believe you were an overnight success, but it’s merely the dedication and hard work you did in silence that has actually led you to succeed.
6. “I am grinding while your sleeping.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
You have to make sacrifices when hustling; there’s no other way. One of those sacrifices might be your sleep schedule or hanging out with friends.
Gary Vaynerchuk is a multi-million dollar entrepreneur, author, and speaker.
7. “You can have anything you want, if you want it badly enough.” – Abraham Lincoln
If you put your mind to it and work as hard as possible, you can genuinely achieve any dream or goal you want.
Abraham Lincoln was the 16th president of the United States.
8. “What you lack in talent can be made up with desire, hustle, and giving 110 percent all the time.” – Don Zimmer
You may be a step behind if you lack talent, but you can achieve more than just a regular talented person with hard work and hustling.
Don Zimmer was an American infielder and coach in Major League Baseball.
9. “I never dreamed about success. I worked for it.” – Estée Lauder
This quote about hustling is an excellent example of proof in the pudding. Lauder achieved an enormous magnitude of success and wealth through hard work and hustling.
Estée Lauder was a multi-billion dollar American businesswoman, owner of Estée Lauder Companies.
10. “The heights by great men reached and kept, were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow was an American poet and educator, best known for his books ‘The Song of Hiawatha‘ and ‘Evangeline.’
11. “Someone with less passion and talent and poorer content can totally beat you if they’re willing to work longer and harder than you are. Hustle is it.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
Talented people need to make sure that they’re still putting in a lot of hard work and effort. All it takes is someone with less talent but a better work ethic to beat you.
12. “You’d be surprised how many shortcomings can be overcome by hustle.” – Pete Rose
Peter Rose is an American former professional baseball player and manager.
13. “If you can’t outplay them, outwork them.” – Ben Hogan
Mostly everyone’s dreams and goals are met with heavy competition. This great motivational quote by Ben Hogan reminds us to hustle and work even harder than our competitors to beat them.
Ben Hogan was a professional golfer, considered one of the greatest players in the history of golf.
14. “I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have.” – Thomas Jefferson
This quote shows that there is a type of correlation between hard work and luck. If you feel like giving up, don’t, you’ll get lucky within time too.
15. “Empires aren’t built in a day.”- Anonymous
Too often, we assume that we’ll reach our goals and aspirations in a much shorter period than expected.
This hustle quote reminds us to stick it out and continue the hard work because eventually, we’ll be able to build our own empire that we can only dream of right now.
16. “Hustle… Your excuses are someone else’s motivation.” – Behdad Sami
Behdad Sami is a professional basketball player.
17. “No matter how many mistakes you make or how slow you progress, you are still way ahead of everyone who isn’t trying.” – Tony Robbins
One of my favorite quotes about hustle is this one by Tony Robbins. It doesn’t matter how slow you’re working or how many mistakes you make. As long as you persevere and work your hardest, you’re doing 100% better than those doing nothing.
This hustling quote reminds me a lot about blogging. I’ve made so many stupid mistakes along the way, but as long as I keep moving along and staying consistent, I will reach success too!
↓ Join my email list & get free savings printables ↓
18. “Everything comes to him who hustles while he waits.” – Thomas A. Edison
If you wait for success, as well as strive and hustle for success, you’ll succeed.
19. “Nothing is an obstacle unless you say it is.” – Wally Amos
Wally Amos is an American TV personality and entrepreneur.
20. “Keep hustling, something good will happen.” – Joe Paterno
This motivational quote by Joe Paterno reminds us that it can’t all be bad. Yes, times can be challenging, and you can deal with failures, but you’ll catch a break somewhere along the way.
Joe Paterno was an American college football player, coach, and athletic director.
21. “Don’t let your motivation go to waste. If you’ve got a dream, make it a reality.” – Unknown
We often see people giving up on their aspirations and dreams because it’s challenging work. If you truly have a plan, do not let it go to waste.
22. “Don’t wait until everything is just right. It will never be perfect. There will always be challenges, obstacles and less than perfect conditions. So what. Get started now. With each step you take, you will grow stronger and stronger, more and more skilled, more and more self-confident and more and more successful.” – Mark Victor Hansen
Mark Hansen is an American motivational speaker, trainer, and author, best known for Chicken Soup for the Soul book series.
23. “Remember why you started.” – Ralph Marston
Out of all of these hustle quotes, this is the one that I’m printing out. These 4 words are a perfect reminder to take a step back and think of why you started this hustle in the first place.
It’s not complicated and can be the perfect affirmation every morning when you start your daily grind.
Ralph Marston was a professional football player.
24. “Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle.” – Abraham Lincoln
This famous hustling quote by Abraham Lincoln reminds us that hustlers can achieve a lot more than those who just sit around, expecting success to occur.
It’s a really great reminder.
25. “The load on your shoulders today will be the ground that you walk on tomorrow.”– Nicole Addison
All of the blood, sweat, and tears from the challenges today will help you tremendously in the future, whether you know it or not.
26. “Hustle like you broke and keep that passion.” – Jay Rock
Hustling like you’re broke is probably one of the best ways to succeed. You have nothing to lose when you’re broke, so hustling and working hard is your only option.
Jay Rock is a famous American rapper. Rock won a Grammy in 2019 for ‘Best Rap Performance.’
27. “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
One of the best quotes from Stephen King is this hustle one. It’s 100% true; talent is not enough to drive you to success anymore. It may have been enough 100 years ago, but now you still need to put in a lot of hard work to become successful.
Stephen King is an American author whose books have sold more than 350 million copies.
28. “Every day is a hustle. Do I get tired? Yes. Do I give up? No.” – Unknown
Hustling goes hand in hand with perseverance and hard work.
You cannot give up on your hustles just because you’re tired, keep striving, and you’ll reach your goals eventually.
29. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” – Colin Powell
You need to put in a lot of hard work and determination to achieve your dreams and aspirations. I think we all wish that our dreams were handed to us, but that’s not how the world works.
Colin Luther Powell is an American politician and diplomat. Powell was also the first African-American Secretary of State.
30. “The man on top of the mountain didn’t fall there.” – Vince Lombardi
Another one of my favorite quotes about hustle, explaining that to achieve your biggest goals, you need to put in the hard work and hustle first.
Vincent Thomas Lombardi was an executive in the National Football League.
31. “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
Hope Charlotte Hicks is an American public relations executive and political advisor.
32. “Hustle until you no longer need to introduce yourself.” – Unknown
This quote about hustle is relatively self-explanatory. A great hustler has achieved such success that introducing him or herself is a thing of the past.
No one needs to ask who Warren Buffett or Bill Gates are. They’ve worked incredibly hard to build their careers up to no more prolonged need for an introduction.
33. “Without hustle, talent will only carry you so far.” – Gary Vaynerchuk
One of my favorite hustle quotes is this one by Gary Vaynerchuk.
As much as you can be talented in a particular area of expertise, if you don’t have the drive or commitment to reach new goals, then you’ll never achieve them.
Success will never be handed to you on a silver platter.
34. “Aim for the moon. If you miss, you may hit a star.” – W. Clement Stone
William Clement Stone was a businessman, self-help book author, and philanthropist.
35. “If you feel you are down on your luck, check the level of your effort.” – Robert Brault
Sometimes we unconsciously lower our efforts when things aren’t working out. Try to stick it out and keep up the hard work. I believe in you!
Robert Brault is an author, best known for his book ‘Round Up The Usual Subjects.’
36. “Hustle like no one is awake.”– Jill Telford
Jill Telford is an artist, storyteller, educator, and creator of children’s books.
37. “Edison failed 10,000 times before he made the electric light. Do not be discouraged if you fail a few times.” – Napoleon Hill
Failure is an aspect of success. Without failure, we wouldn’t be able to measure success. So don’t worry if you fail the first time, hustle and work hard to advance the next time.
Recommended Read: 25 Insightful Quotes About Failure and Success
Napoleon Hill was an American self-help author. He is known best for his book Think and Grow Rich.
38. “Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.” – Blair Waldorf
A fictional character on the show Gossip Girl.
39. “Sunflowers end up facing the sun, but they go through a lot of dirt to find their way there.”– J.R. Rim
J.R. Rim is the author of ‘Write like no one is reading 2’.
40. “Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.” – Dale Carnegie
We take so much for granted nowadays. It’s great to take a step back and just be grateful for all the brilliant people who have made our lives easier.
A few examples:
– Thomas Edison inventing light bulbs
– Vinton Cerf and Bob Kahn creating the internet
– The Wright Brother’s inventing, building and flying the first airplane
Dale Carnegie was an American writer and lecturer, best known for self-help books like How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living.
41. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.” – Unknown
As much as we’d all love for our dreams to come true, this quote tells us that we still need to put in the hard work and effort to achieve them.
Dreaming alone isn’t going to achieve your goals and aspirations. Your work ethic and perseverance are what will help you succeed.
42. “The hustle brings the dollar. The experience brings the knowledge. The persistence brings success.” – Ross Simmonds
These are the three main characteristics of most successful hustlers.
Ross Simmonds is a digital marketing strategist and entrepreneur.
43. “Whatever your hustle is, go somewhere with it.” – Tionne Watkins
Tionne Watkins is an American singer, actress, author, and executive producer.
44. “There’s always a way – if you’re committed.” – Tony Robbins
Too often, people give up because it’s difficult or requires a different path to work. I absolutely love this quote by Tony Robbins. It reminds us not to give up if things don’t go to plan and instead figure out another pathway to achieve the goal.
Tony Robbins is an American author, speaker, and philanthropist, with a net worth of over $600 million.
45. “Opportunities don’t happen. You create them.” – Chris Grosser
Opportunities simply don’t fall into your lap. You have to work on creating them for yourself.
Chris Grosser is a successful entrepreneur and photographer, currently a senior sales consultant at Tesla.
Hopefully, a few of these quotes about hustle have inspired you to work hard to achieve your goals.
Remember that Rome wasn’t built in a day, and neither will your dream life and aspirations, so continue to work on them each day and build your momentum.
Trust in the process and believe in yourself. I think you can achieve anything you put your heart into.
Which one of these quotes was your favorite about hustle?
– 18 Inspirational Quotes About Blogging
– 32 Motivational Quotes on Not Giving Up
– 17 Highest Paid Bloggers in 2021 (Super Rich Bloggers)