Are you unsure what to write about? Or, have you hit a creative writing block? Well, this article covers over 100 lifestyle blog post ideas to write in 2021 to help you get out of your writing block.
These ideas are great for anyone to use and cover the lifestyle blog niche and sub-niches like personal life, fashion, health, parenting, and more!
I’ve used these ideas for dozens of posts, and they work great.
Remember that you can adjust the post’s titles and numbers to however you’d like; these are just ideas to base on.
Anyways, let’s jump straight into the 100+ blog post ideas.
Haven’t you started a blog yet? Read this comprehensive step-by-step guide.
Lifestyle Blog Post Ideas
Here are the top 117 lifestyle blog post ideas; I’ve also included several sub-niches. I also explain how to do keyword research at the end of the 117 ideas.
If you’d like to skip to any particular sub-niche, click on one of the links below:
Personal Life Blog Post Ideas
- How to Become More Productive
- Top 10 Must-Haves in My Handbag
- How I Stay Organized in 2021
- How to Set Goals for [Year]
- My Self-Care Nightly Routine
- 100 Inspiring Quotes
- Why I Started This Lifestyle Blog
- 20 Lessons I Learned in My 20s
- How I Manage My Days With To-Do Lists
- Book Review + 5 Takeaways I Learned
- Monthly Reflections
- 20 Spring Cleaning Tips & Tricks
- My Favorite Organization Apps
- 8 Habits of Successful Women
- How I Balance Work & Family Life
- How to Set Realistic & Achievable Goals
- Fun Ideas for Instagram Captions
- Significant Other Gift Guide
- 10 Bad Habits to Get Rid Of
- How I Unwind After a Stressful Day
- 15 Self-Improvement Ideas for [Year]
- 21 Life Hacks I Learnt in 2021
- My Favorite [Genre] Books
- Cheap Christmas Gifts Under $100
- 13 Work From Home Tips I Learnt in 2021
Fashion & Beauty Blog Post Ideas
- 15 Must-Have Fashion Accessories
- My Favorite Budget-Friendly Makeup Picks
- Minimalist Makeup Routine
- Summer [Year] Fashion Trends
- Gift Ideas for Makeup Lovers
- Outfit of The Day/Month
- Top 5 Fashion Brands That Won’t Break The Bank
- What’s in My Makeup Bag
- 10 Cheap Alternatives of [Expensive Product/Brand]
- My Top Wardrobe Essentials
- How I Plan Outfits for The Week
- My Favorite Seasonal Makeup Looks
- 20 Fashion Do’s and Don’ts
- Clothing/Makeup Review
- What to Wear to a Wedding
- 10 Minute Makeup Ideas
- My Top 10 Summer Outfits
- How to Maintain Healthy Hair/Nails/Skin
- My Top 5 Makeup Products/Perfumes
- How to Get a Job in Fashion/Makeup
Health & Fitness Blog Post Ideas
- What I Eat in a Day: Summer Edition
- 5 Exercises That Target [Specific Area]
- How to Meal Prep
- Top 5 Healthy Alternatives to Chocolate
- [Gym Clothing] Product Review
- How I Lost [Weight Amount] In One Year
- 5 Easy No-Equipment Workouts
- Best Low-Calorie Drinks at Starbucks
- Why I Started My Health & Fitness Journey
- My 10 Favorite Low-Calorie Smoothie Recipes
- 85 Motivational Workout Quotes to Keep You Going
- Top 15 Exercise Routines for Beginners
- Keto/No-Sugar 30-Day Meal Plan
- How Exercise Improved My Mental Health & Wellbeing
- 5 Best Low-Calorie Breakfast Recipes
- My 8-Week Fitness Program
- The Best Sports Supplements to Try in 2021
- How to Workout At Home Without Equipment
- 10 Minute Workouts for Busy Mom’s
- Healthy Eating Habits You Should Try
Parenting Blog Post Ideas
- The Best Organization Tips & Tricks
- My Favorite Cleaning Products of 2021
- How to Meal Prep for a Family of 5
- Top 5 Lunchboxes for Kids
- Easy One-Pot Meals for Busy Mom’s
- How I Budget With a Family
- Best Healthy Snack Ideas For Children
- How to Eat Healthy After Giving Birth
- 10 Low-Cost Kids Craft Ideas
- My Biggest Parenting Fail + How I Learnt From It
- How to Keep Your Kids Entertained on Weekends
- 15 Fun Family Weekend Activities
- Gift Guide for New Mom/Dad
- How to Decorate Your Kids Room
- My Daily/Weekly Schedule as a Parent
- How I Still Enjoy “Me Time” as a Mom
- 20 Healthy Meals on a Budget
- How to Save Money on Birthday/Christmas Gifts
- A Day In The Life of a Stay at Home Parent
- How I Stay Productive as a Stay at Home Mom/Dad
Travel Blog Post Ideas
- What’s in My Travel Bag/Suitcase
- Top 5 Countries to Visit on a Budget
- Dog-Friendly Places in [State]
- My Travel Bucket List for The Next 10 Years
- The Best Travel Hacks in 2021
- My Top 10 Travel Essentials
- What I Learnt After Becoming a Solo-Traveler
- My Favorite National Parks
- Places to Travel To At Night
- How to Save Quicker for Your Next Holiday
- 10 Crucial Mistakes to Avoid When Traveling
- Top 5 Best Suitcases to Buy
- How to Pack Your Suitcase More Efficiently
- Fun Facts About Place/Country
- Top 10 Free Places to Visit in Your State
Hobbies Post Ideas
- 21 Fun Hobbies to Try in 2021
- How to Start Drawing Today
- My Favorite TV Series to Binge
- Best Inspirational Books to Read
- How to Meditate for 10 Minutes Every Morning
- 15 Gardening Tips & Tricks
- Best Journalling Books from Amazon
- Top 10 Recipes for Fussy Eaters
- How to Paint With Watercolors
- How to Capture Clear Photos on Your Smartphone
- 15 Best Puzzles to Buy in 2021
- The Best DIY Hacks for Success
- Best Movies from The Past Decade
- Step-by-Step Guide to Mastering Knitting
- Top 21 Songs in 2021
- 10 Awesome Treats to Bake for Christmas
- How to Make Your Own Jewelry
How to Do Basic Keyword Research
After choosing your blog post ideas, the next step is to perform some basic keyword research.
Keyword research determines whether the blog post idea gets search volume or whether it’s a waste of time to write about.
It’s also essential to discover if it’s too competitive to rank for or if it’s a low-competition keyword that’s easy to rank.
You can use a free tool like Ubersuggest or ahrefs free keyword generator for your keyword research.
Step One: Search for keywords
In this example, I searched up ‘low calorie’ on Ubersuggest, went to the related tab, and found eight relatively easy keywords to rank for.
Notice how they’re green and under 40 for SEO Difficulty. That’s precisely what you want.
It’s also crucial that the keyword gets searched at least 50 times a month; otherwise, you’re wasting your time.
Step Two: Find out who’s ranking in the top 10
After you’ve found keywords with an under 40 SEO Difficulty score, your next step is to see which web pages are ranking on page one of Google.
Even though the keyword’ low calorie alcoholic drink’ has an SEO difficulty of 9, it’ll be way too challenging to rank for. This is because the top 10 pages have an average domain authority score of 79.
Domain Authority predicts how likely a website is going to rank in search engines. Basically, a higher domain authority of 60+ will rank easier than a domain authority of under 40.
My advice is to try to find keywords that have websites with under 30 domain authority scores ranking.
Step Three: Repeat steps 1 & 2
Now you have to rinse and repeat steps one and two. Keep scrolling through keywords until you find ones that have low competition or ones that no one has written about yet.
I found this keyword’ fashion insta captions’ that would be perfect to write about. It has five websites with an under 20 domain authority score ranking in the top 10 results.
If you wrote an article that’s in-depth with this keyword, focuses on SEO, and is high-quality content, you’d most likely be able to rank.
Anyways, I hope this quick little guide helps with your keyword research. Remember that this is the most basic form of it.
So that wraps up the 117 lifestyle blog post ideas to write in 2021 and how to perform basic keyword research.
Hopefully, this gave you heaps of ideas to write about. It can be challenging to figure out a content schedule, so I genuinely hope this has helped.
Remember that while these are some excellent ideas, it’d be best if you still did keyword research and honed in on the exact topics.
Without keyword research, you may be writing on topics that no one is searching for in your niche. Anyways, good luck! 😃
Which of these lifestyle blog post ideas do you plan on writing about?