Looking for some inspirational make-money quotes? Well, look no further.
Money is a significant factor in our lives; nearly everything we do revolves around it (whether we know it or not).
Where we sleep, what we eat, how we dress, where we holiday all revolve around one central tool, which is money. It’s quite simply the best tool to live a life of whatever we desire. Although essential, we can’t become too consumed by it; otherwise, you can quickly lose sight of what’s truly important, like family or friendships.
Today, I’ve accumulated 59 inspirational make-money quotes. The following quotes can be used to push yourself to make money (or more of it) and become financially free.
Let’s get started!
59 Inspirational Quotes
1. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” — Jim Rohn
2. “Persist – don’t take no for an answer. If you’re happy to sit at your desk and not take any risk, you’ll be sitting at your desk for the next 20 years.” – David Rubenstein
3. “If you’re saving, you’re succeeding.” ― Steve Burkholder
4. “Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like.” — Will Smith
5. “Do not save what is left after spending, but spend what is left after saving.” — Warren Buffett
6. “If you think nobody cares if you’re alive, try missing a couple of car payments.” — Earl Wilson
7. “The reason I’ve been able to be so financially successful is my focus has never, ever for one minute been money.” — Oprah Winfrey
8. “Rich people stay rich by living like they are broke. Broke people stay broke by living like they are rich.” — Unknown
9. “Saving is a great habit but without investing and tracking it just sleeps.” — Manoj Arora
10. “The more you learn, the more you earn.” – Frank Clark
11. “Every time you borrow money, you’re robbing your future self.” — Nathan W. Morrisein
12. “Typical millionaire lives in a middle-class home, drives a two-year-old or older paid-for car, and buys blue jeans at Wal-Mart.” — Dave Ramsey
13. “Rich is not a goal. Five million in three years is.” — Unknown
↓ Join my email list & get free savings printables ↓
14. “It’s not your salary that makes you rich, it’s your spending habits.” — Charles A. Jaffe
15. “Compound interest is the eighth wonder of the world. He who understands it, earns it; he who doesn’t, pays it.” — Albert Einstein
16. “You don’t get rich by spending your time to save money. You get rich by saving your time to make money.” — Naval Ravikant
17. “Money won’t create success, the freedom to make it will.” — Nelson Mandela
18. “If you don’t get serious about your money you will never have serious money.” — Grant Cardone
19. “Waste your money and you’re only out of money, but waste your time and you’ve lost a part of your life.” — Michael Leboeuf
20. “If you can get paid for doing what you love, every pay check is a bonus.” — Oprah Winfrey
21. “Money and success don’t change people; they merely amplify what is already there.” — Will Smith
22. “Money cannot buy peace of mind. It cannot heal ruptured relationships, or build meaning into a life that has none.” — Richard M. DeVos
23. “Don’t tell me where your priorities are. Show me where you spend your money and I’ll tell you what they are.” — James W. Frick
24. “If we command our wealth, we shall be rich and free. If our wealth commands us, we are poor indeed.” — Edmund Burke
25. “Don’t be cocky. Don’t be flashy. There’s always someone better than you.” — Tony Hsieh
26. “Money moves from those who do not manage it to those who do.” — Dave Ramsey
27. “Money can’t buy happiness, but it will certainly get you a better class of memories.” — Ronald Reagan
28. “To get rich, you have to be making money while you’re asleep.” — David Bailey
29. “I despise the lottery. There’s less chance of you becoming a millionaire than there is of getting hit on the head by a passing asteroid.” — Brian May
30. “Don’t think of saving money as a punishment. Think of saving money as a lifestyle change and a means to freedom.” — Emily G. Stroud
31. “You must gain control over your money or the lack of it will forever control you.” — Dave Ramsey
32. “People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made.” — Joan Rivers
33. “I make myself rich by making my wants few.” — Henry David Thoreau
34. “Unless you control your money, making more won’t help. You’ll just have bigger payments.” — Dave Ramsey
35. “When you invest, you are buying a day that you don’t have to work” — Aya Laraya
36. “Savings without a mission is garbage. Your money needs to work for you, not lie around you.” — Dave Ramsey,
37. “Look at what caused people to make a lot of money and you will see that usually it is in proportion to their production of what the society wanted.” — Ray Dalio
38. “Those who keep learning, will keep rising in life.” — Charlie Munger
39. “There is a gigantic difference between earning a great deal of money and being rich.” — Marlene Dietrich
40. “Money is numbers & numbers never end. If it takes money to be happy, your search for happiness will never end!” — Bob Marley
41. “The Quickest way to Double your Money is to fold it over and put it back in your pocket!” — Will Rogers
42. “Seek wealth, not money or status. Wealth is having assets that earn while you sleep. Money is how we transfer time and wealth. Status is your place in the social hierarchy.” — Naval Ravikant
43. “Friendship is like money, easier made than kept.” — Samuel Butler
44. “Only buy something that you’d be perfectly happy to hold if the market shut down for 10 years.” — Warren Buffett (stock investing advice)
45. “Rich people focus on opportunities. Poor people focus on obstacles.” — T. Harv Eker
46. “Make your goal more than money. Make it about helping people and creating a better future.” — Maxime Lagacé
47. “Of the billionaires I have known, money just brings out the basic traits in them. If they were jerks before they had money, they are simply jerks with a billion dollars.” — Warren Buffett
48. “The goal isn’t more money. The goal is living life on your terms.” — Chris Brogan
49. “If you would be wealthy, think of saving as well as getting.” – Benjamin Franklin
50. “The most important investment you can make is in yourself.” — Warren Buffett
51. “You are not entitled to anything until you save and pay for it” — Dave Ramsey
52. “Making money is not a thing that you do – it’s a skill that you learn.” — Naval Ravikant
53. “Become so Financially Secure that you forget that it’s Payday!” — Unknown
54. “Many folks think they aren’t good at earning money when what they don’t know is how to use it.” — Frank A. Clark
55. “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.” — Henry David Thoreau
56. “Do what you love and the money will follow.” — Marsha Sinetar
57. “Wealth consists not in having great possessions, but in having few wants.” — Epictetus
58. “While money doesn’t buy love, it puts you in a great bargaining position.” – Christopher Marlowe
59. “Love is like money… hard to find easy to lose.” — Ally Mbululo
So there we have the collection of 59 of the best motivational money-making & saving quotes.
These quotes do not give clear guidance on making money, more or less just the principles about making and saving it.
Hopefully, you’ve learned a few pieces of advice from some of the most famous and wealthy people in the world.
Which make money quote was your favorite?